If you have a Qualcomm powered Android device and you have accidentally hard-bricked your device or you just want to restore stock firmware on it, what should you do? You have to go to the service center and get it fixed. But if you have a QPST flash tool you can easily fix this using your PC. In this article, we will guide you on how to download and install the QPST flash tool. Further, you will also learn how to use the tool and software download programs to flash stock firmware on supported Qualcomm powered Android devices.
The tool doesn’t have any restrictions based on manufacturer or other configurations. Most of the devices which come with the Qualcomm chipset are supported by the QPST Flash Tool.
What is a QPST Tool?
Qualcomm Product Support Tool is called QPST or Qualcomm Flash Tool. It is a set of Windows software that allows users to force-flash firmware files on Qualcomm powered Android devices. QPST Tool is normally used internally by service center executives for low-level firmware flashing to revive Android devices from a hard-brick or to fix persistent Software problems happening on smartphones. It is a useful application that allows users to download and flash the ROM to compatible devices. You can easily flash the firmware by using this easy-to-use tool.
Features of the QPST Tool
The tool combines various programs which are highlighted as a feature and these features are mentioned below.
- Service Programming: this feature allows you to back up the service programming data to a file and flash the file on multiple devices.
- QPST Configuration: it allows you to monitor and manage the connected device’s status with available serial ports and active clients also. You can use QPST Configuration on other QPST Clients as well.
- Backup & Restore: The tool will allow users to create backups of their system data. If in case anything goes wrong, the user can restore the backup easily via this tool. This will save a lot of time and effort, as well.
- Firmware Download: the tool has a built-in system that will detect the device model number and the latest firmware. You can easily download the firmware and flash the firmware using this.
- QFIL: Qualcomm Flash Image Loader is another program that allows you to flash stock firmware on supported devices. Unlike the software Download program, QFIL flashes the firmware with .elf file format.
- Simple Interface: the flash tool comes with a simple and easy-to-use interface that allows a clean looking but compact interface. The main user interface offers an awesome customized UI so that everyone can use it without any hassle.
How to download and install QPST Flash Tool
The tool is for Windows only. The tool comes as a Windows installer package in the .exe file format. The installation steps are very easy so just follow the instructions listed below to install the QPST Flash Tool on your Windows PC.
- Download the latest version of the QPST tool on your PC.
- Extract the contents of the downloaded ZIP file on the PC using an archive tool like 7-Zip or WinRAR.
- The extracted folder should contain a couple of different files including the tool’s executable file.
- Double-click on the executable file to launch the installer.
- Click ‘Allow’ on your PC’s screen when you’re prompted.
- The Windows InstallShield Wizard for the QPST tool should now show up, click on ‘Next’.
- Agree to the license agreement and click on ‘Next’.
- Select the destination folder on your PC where you wish to install the tool and click ‘Next’. By default, it will be installed to “C:\Program Files (x86) \Qualcomm\QPST”.
- Select ‘Complete’ when prompted to choose the setup type and click ‘Next’.
- Now, click on ‘Install’ to begin the installation of the QPST tool on your PC.
- Once the installation is complete, click on ‘Finish’.
The tool has now successfully been installed on your PC. Now you can use the tool to flash stock firmware on your device.
How to use the QPST Flash Tool
- First, you have to connect your Qualcomm Device to the Computer using the USB Cable.
- Now, Open QPST Config.
- Once QPST Configuration is launched, click on the Port Menu.
- Now, click on the Starts Client Menu and Select Software Download.
- Then you will be able to see the QPST Software Download Dialog Box.
- Now, click on the Phone Image Browse Button and Locate the Firmware on your computer that you want to Flash on your Qualcomm Device.
- Now, Under the Boot Image, click on the Browse button and locate the BOOT_LOADER.HEX file
- Click on the start button to begin the Flashing process.
- Once Flashing is completed you will see the Green Bar at the end of Flashing.
- Now, disconnect your Qualcomm device from the computer and restart it.